It’s Friday!, finally, after a long week of work, we have been blessed with the mighty Friday, if you are lucky as I am, you work only 6 hours 🙂 *I believe we should work only 3 days per week*.
Edy and I, enjoy a lot watching movies, however each one has particular preferences, I love movies that can teach you a lot about life. And as the title of this post, I will talk about the lessons I learned from the Fight Club, which is a book by the way *I know most of you know that*. If you did not please read it, The Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.
So I have read the book and seen the movie, however, I met first the movie, so I will talk about that.
The movie was released in 1999!, I was 14 years old!, yes I am 31 now.
Here are the things I learned:
- Brad Pitt does have unique abs in this movie 😛 *Ok, this is the bonus point, and Edy is not supporting this idea*;
- So the first rule of Fight Club is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB, this is something I apply to my life, I do not talk about the plans I have in mind, I keep them for me, I work on them, and once they have evolved to something concrete, I share them with the important persons in my life. This has been really helpful, because, admit it, people around us, intentional or not, send us vibes. And many times the vibes are not the most positives;
- The life you live might make you miserable and sick;
- You must be strong to leave all the bad habits, decisions that are making you depressed;
- It’s very probable that in order to find yourself, first you must lose yourself. If you are wise enough, you will help life in order to avoid getting a kick in your ass;
- You can make soap and explosives with some chemical knowledge. *DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME OR ANYWHERE ELSE*;
- This is your life and IT is ending one minute at a time. True, completely, but don’t see it as ending, I prefer to see this as earning, your life is earning one minute at a time, so don’t waste it. Enjoy it;
- The eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight. Basically this is life, telling you, everyday is your first day at Fight Club, and you just should not give up;
- A lot of people suffer insomnia, since they are going through life without joy, without purpose, they’re never really asleep… and neither they’re never really awake;
- There will come a moment in life where the only thing to do is TO LET GO;
So, those are a few stuffs I learned from this amazing movie, and let me tell you that also the ending of the movie, it just makes me smile, the view of the building falling apart while the Pixies music is played. It’s so fucking awesome!.
Fuck what you know. You need to forget about what you know, that’s your problem. Forget about what you think you know about life, about friendship, and especially about you and me. – Tyler Durden