For people who live in the suburbs and must commute long distances to work, their wealth will sink as energy prices rise. Robert Kiyosaki
Hello people of the web, yes, we did it, the mighty Friday has arrived, and guess what? it’s LONG WEEKEND! yes, next Monday, it’s workers’ day, and we celebrate with not going to work, it’s perfect, right? I will be on vacation time next week to keep celebrating 🙂
As a worker one sad fact in the worker’s life (besides the taxes) is all the time wasted in commuting, if you are not so lucky as me, you live in a BIG city with lots of traffic, and also you are a faithful user of the public transportation *yes, Mexico city traffic is awful*. According to the Mexican Transportation and Mobility Association people in Mexico city spends from 3.6 to 3.7 years of their life on some kind of transportation *DAMN!, yes with capital letters*.
I will give you some ideas to spend and not waste your time in the process of your commuting
- If you are the driver, well bad luck for you, you need to pay attention and I just recommend to have a good playlist to listen to. Good Luck!
- If you are the co-pilot, well you don’t have to be so focus but please don’t fall asleep, you might affect the energy of your pilot. Whatever you chose, just have in consideration to your driver, don’t bore him. You can talk to him about a good movie, about our blog, or sing along with that person, but always having in mind that your safety is in his hands. You could read and tell him about it.
Be positive about being in the bus, subway, train, mini van, etc.
- You can catch up on your reading.
- You can take a nap (far from the driver).
- You could write about the people who are stuck in there with you. (Funny, happy, dramatic stories, use your imagination).
- You can go through your day and focus on the good things that have happened to you so far. And if you have a bad day, then just be happy that it’s almost over.
- You could practice your meditation (yes you read right).
- You could plan your meals for the rest of the week.
- Listen to those who are talking, sometimes you will get amazing stories. (People talk about everything in the public transportation).
- Look around, what is happening on the walk side, look for those who are walking, do they have dogs? I love watching people walking with their dogs.
- If you are like my mom, then you could easily start a conversation with the person next to you.
- Just Breathe and listen to your music.
So, I hope today that it’s Friday and end of the month, you have a good journey back to your home.
Transportation is the center of the world! It is the glue of our daily lives. When it goes well, we don’t see it. When it goes wrong, it negatively colors our day, makes us feel angry and impotent, curtails our possibilities. – Robin Chase