Neo: The Matrix.
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work… when you go to church… when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.
Hello people of the web, today, yes we are talking about another AWESOME Zen movie The Matrix, the whole saga has a lot of philosophical influences, that at the end it creates its own thing. A lot of people don’t realize that this trilogy is totally ZEN, remember the Fight Club lessons?. *Yes we love zen movies*.
Before the 90´s were over, The Wachowski brothers, that now are sisters… well, who are we to judge them, if they are happy, let them be, they introduced us to The Matrix. The Wachowski are also responsible for the movie V for Vendetta, but I will let Edy to tell you about it since he is a SUPER Fan.
What I love about the Matrix is not Keanu Reeves, or Hugo Weaving, or other actor from the movie, it’s not the amazing special effects, the fights, the Ducati used, no, those things are great but none of them is my main reason to love this trilogy, I love this trilogy because is full of LIFE lessons. Yes, these movies are a guide to become a zensei of living.
Let me share with you my favorite lessons:
- “You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.Our prison is our mind” – Morpheus.
FUCK! *yes with capital letters*, our minds are crazy, always worrying about the future, rethinking the past, the mind is the thing we need to know, to control, I mean Nirvana is not possible for all, so the the best we can do is to not let it affect us. Fear, doubt, disbelief are the main walls that stop us from doing things, just like Edy has learned to deal with his fears and still mastering it, take control of your life.
- “Neo, sooner or later you’re going to realize just as I did that there’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.” “Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” – Morpheus.
I have learned this, and it was at a short age, jaja, I mean in my 20’s. I, as many other persons out there, got involved into a not healthy relationship, and I knew it, but guess what, I did not do anything to walk away from it. So, life took control of it, and I was blessed that the person decided to walk away, yes, great, but the only thing I regret is I did not walk away.
So, I failed, I failed to myself, I learned the lesson, now when it was time to commit with new challenges in my life, and make hard choices, I choose to not make the same mistake. Because maybe, this time, life won’t bless me.
- “Life’s too short. That’s not a prediction.” – The Oracle
No matter how old you are, life is too short. If we lose someone we love, no matter if this person is 100 for us, it would seem short. So people, enjoy your life, and tell your loved ones, that they are loved.
- “It means know thy self. I wanna tell you a little secret, being the one is just like being in love. No one needs to tell you you are in love, you just know it, through and through.” – The Oracle
Well, I do believe that loving someone is completely different to be in love. I learned this lesson as to know if you love someone, I mean you just know it. It’s so fucking awesome that you don’t need to go and do a test in the most current girly/manly magazine/website of your election to find it out. *Admit it, you do tests on line or on a paper*.
- Oracle: Sorry, kid. You got the gift, but it looks like you’re waiting for something.
Oracle: Your next life, maybe. Who knows? That’s the way these things go.
Holy Shit!, yes this one might hurt a little bit. We, the people are capable of doing amazing things, we don’t have all the gifts, but everyone has a gift, a thing we are great, and also it seems that we all are waiting for the next life to do something with them. So, if you already know your gift, apply it, and profit a little bit with it, because you need to eat, and to have a life with quality. Don’t feel bad about it, I mean just don’t be greedy.
- “Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. ” – Morpheus.
Nobody can be told how life is, life is different for each one. So stop looking at the matrix of other, rule and conquer your matrix! Yes I am using the word matrix as life in the previous sentence.
- Commander Lock: Dammit, Morpheus. Not everyone believes what you believe.Morpheus: My beliefs do not require them to.
This is crucial, you have to believe in yourself, in your dreams, in what you are capable and give a fuck about what other might believe or not about you. If life puts you a challenge you must believe you will figure it out, and keep trying. You are not other people’s thoughts, don’t quit your dreams because what other’s might think of you.
- Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why? Why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you’re fighting… for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although… only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can’t win. It’s pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?
Neo: Because I choose to.
Why do I do what I do? why do I wake up every morning and keep going? well because every day is a gift, I know for sure I will die one day, but I can’t know when, even the terminal phase patients don’t know that either.
So choose to live your life, and live it fully, be present, you don’t have to be just there like a witness of the life. And even in the worst days, be there. As my beloved Denzel Washington said, if you fall down 7 times, then get up 8 times, it’s so fucking worth.
So this is it for today, but really think about it, and go and watch the movies. And please choose the red pill.
Neo: I know you’re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you’re afraid… you’re afraid of us. You’re afraid of change. I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin. I’m going to hang up this phone, and then I’m going to show these people what you don’t want them to see. I’m going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.