“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard”
Winnie the Pooh/A. A. Milne
We have not even gone yet and I already know what are the stuffs I will be missing the most once we are in Hamburg. For sure, I will be missing the most to my beloved family *family, dogs, and friends included*.
- Tacos, because I love tacos, in fact I love them so much that I tell Edy that I taco him a lot.
- Tortillas because they are the soul of the taco.
- Hot peppers, nice hot peppers *habanero, 😛 *
- Mexican food, here I will include from garnachas up to more elaborate meals, such as mole, tamales, mixiotes…..
- Mezcal, tequila and Mexican beer *Victora, Negra Modelo, Modelo Especial, Leon, Montejo, Pacifico*, and I know I will find some wherever I go, but let’s be honest the price I kind of imagine it would cause a mini heart attack
- Fresh and cheap Fruit and vegetables
- Avocado!!! Guacamole 😦
- The chaos of this Megalopolis, because let’s be honest you get use to this chaos, the movement, the life that the city has.
- Pan de dulce!!!, conchas, buñuelos, rebanadas con mantequilla!!!
- Hot chocolate *from Oaxaca*
- My beloved candies as pelon, pulparindo, and all those HOT candies
- The weather in Mexico City is awesome, I mean, lately it has changed due to the global warming, but it is an awesome weather.
- Mexican Beaches!!! Huatulco, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Zipolite, Los Cabos, etc.
- Mexican festivities, such as Dia de Muertos.
- Mexican jokes, and sense of humor.
- Cafe Tacvba… one of my favorite groups, they even are performing on my birthday this year, and I just can’t accept it yet 😦
So those are some of the things I will missed the most. And I know that after a while I will tell Edy, my kingdom for a Taquito con salsita harto picante.
“I’m homesick all the time. I miss my animals. I miss my family. I miss my friends.”